Construction Updates and News
The concrete pour for the transfer station is set for December 13 and 14. In close coordination with the City and local law enforcement, a plan is in place to safely secure the site and surrounding area, temporarily re-route traffic, and to execute the pour during the overnight hours to minimize inconvenience for neighbors, nearby businesses and visitors. (Some noise will be unavoidable – we apologize in advance.)
For safety, police will be staged at key intersections (Atlantic Ave. at NE 6 th Ave. and NE 7 th Ave., and NE 6 th Ave. at NE 1 st St.) throughout the period of truck movement. During this time, some traffic will be re-routed. (See map)
Friday, Dec. 13:
– Preparation begins on-site
– Road closures begin (See map)
– All lanes: NE 7th Ave. between Atlantic Ave. and NE 1st St.
– 1 lane: NE 6th Ave., south of Atlantic Ave.
– Northern parking lot (NE 1st St. at NE 7th Ave.) closed
– Concrete pumps begin staging on NE 6th Ave/Federal Hwy., south of Atlantic Ave
– 1 am to 6 am: Concrete pour (Projected start time, estimated 12-hour duration)
– Roads re-open, Normal traffic resumes at NE 6th Ave/Atlantic Ave., NE 7th Ave.
Atlantic Crossing is readying to begin vertical construction of the first retail and office building at the northeast corner of Atlantic Avenue and NE 6th Ave. by year-end. The first underground parking garage is taking shape with the second concrete pour completed...
Spanning two city blocks, the $300 million Atlantic Crossing mixed-use development is underway to revitalize the east end of Downtown Delray Beach’s nationally recognized Atlantic Avenue. Representing the largest private investment in the City’s history, this venture...
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES: